|Image||A snapshot of a base OS or an application running on a cloud instance or server.|
|Base OS image||Cloud-agnostic logical images provided by the CloudCenter platform to model applications as listed in.|
|Logical image||The part of an application profile that describes artifacts needed to natively deploy the application. Refers to physical images that are stored in repositories.|
|Physical image||Application files, packages, and scripts that are used to natively deploy the application. Referenced by logical images in application profile.|
|Custom image||Any customer created image.|
|Worker image||Application VM images are also referred to as Worker1 images. Both terms refer to the Linux and Windows machine images. See Worker (Conditional) for additional context|
Once you install the application VM images, map the CloudCenter VA base images image IDs to CloudCenter's logical image name for this cloud region.
Image mapping differs based on your cloud as the Image ID differs between clouds. See the Configure Image IDs section for additional information.
To map the CloudCenter VA base image IDs to CloudCenter's logical image name, you can use the Cloud Configurations tab method or the Images tab method.
Cloud Configurations Tab Method
To map CloudCenter VA base image IDs to the CloudCenter platform's logical image name, follow this procedure:
- Click the Admin link displayed in the CCM UI main menu.
- Click the Cloud tab in the side panel to display the Cloud Configurations page.
- On the right side of the Cloud Configuration page, look for the name of the region where you want to map images and click on the link with the name of the region. This takes you to the Regions tab.
- Scroll down to the Configure Image Mappings section and click Add Mapping for the required CloudCenter base OS images. For example:
- CentOS 7
- RHEL 7
- Clicking Add Mapping brings up the Add Cloud Mapping dialog box.
Enter the Cloud Image ID provided by your cloud provider, then click on the ">" symobol to expand the Advanced Instance Type Configuration menu.
- Deselect any instance types you do not want to allow and click save.
Images Tab Method
See Manage Cloud Mapping.
Service Mapping Changes
By default, all services in the Services tab are mapped to CentOS 6 or RHEL 6 images.
If you use any other image in your CloudCenter deployment, you need to explicitly identify the applicable image in the CCM UI.
To map the service changes, follow this procedure:
- Click the Admin link in the CCM UI main menu.
- Click the Services link
- Edit the service applicable to your deployment.
- In the Edit Service page, verify the Supporting Images field setting.
- Change the selection to the image used in your environment.
- Click Save.
Sync Image Mappings
To perform this procedure, you must have access to the Package Store.
To sync image mappings, follow this process:
- Configure the cloud region as specified in the page.
- When the CCO (Orchestrator) Configuration section displays the Running status, click Sync Image Mappings.
- The Cloud Regions page updates to display the synced status.
See Manage Instance Types for additional context.
Root Disk Size
See Manage Instance Types > Root Disk Size for additional context.
External Lifecycle Actions
External Lifecycle Actions
- No labels