- Navigate to Clouds page: Admin > Clouds. Find your AzureRM cloud from the cloud list on the left half of the screen and click its Configure Cloud link. This displays the Regions tab for this cloud as shown in the figure below with the Cloud Settings section displayed first.
After you have added multiple regions to your AzureRM cloud, the Regions tab will show multiple individual region tabs on the left side of the screen. Click the tab of the region you want to configure.
Click the Edit Cloud Settings link in the upper right of the Cloud Settings section. This opens the Configure Cloud Settings dialog box.
The Cloud Settings section contains fields that are unique to AzureRM and settings that are common to all cloud providers. Adjust these field values per the instructions in the following tables:
AzureRM Specific Cloud Settings:
Field Usage Azure Environment
Automatically set by CloudCenter Suite based on the region you selected but it can be overridden by using the dropdown list.
Linux and Windows extension versions
The custom script extensions are provided by Microsoft to support dynamic bootstrapping. The diagnostics extension are provided by Microsoft to support metrics monitoring. These four fields are set to recommended values by default by CloudCenter Suite but they can be overridden by you.
Delete Boot Diagnostic Logs On VM Termination
AzureRM will store VM boot diagnostic logs after a VM terminates. CloudCenter Suite sets this value to False by default but you can change the value to True using the dropdown.
Include Page Cloud Agnostic Cloud Settings Cloud Agnostic Cloud Settings
When you are done editing the settings in the dialog box, click Save.
Include Page Region Connectivity - CR not required VM-based Region Connectivity - CR not required VM-based
If any of the connectivity toggles in the Region Connectivity dialog box are set to No, then you must install and configure Cloud Remote for this region.
Expand title Steps to configure Cloud Remote in an AWS AzureRM cloud region Include Page Cloud Remote for AzureRM Cloud Remote for AzureRM
- VM Naming and IPAM Strategy (conditional): Configure any VM naming strategy in the Strategy section as explained in VM Naming and IPAM Strategies. CloudCenter Suite currently does not support an IPAM strategy for AzureRM. If you leave the settings at the defaults, the default VM naming strategy is applied.
- External Lifecycle Actions (conditional): Specify any external lifecycle actions to be performed on all VMs launched by Workload Manager in this region as explained in External Lifecycle Actions Settings.
- Instance Types (informational): CloudCenter Suite automatically syncs instance types for public cloud regions on a daily basis. This data includes published pricing for each instance type. It is possible to edit AzureRM region instance types, but only the changes in the cost are used by CloudCenter Suite. See Instance Types Settings for more details.
- Storage Types (conditional): CloudCenter Suite automatically syncs storage types for public cloud regions on a daily basis. This data includes the cloud provider published pricing for each storage type. It is possible to edit AzureRM region storage types, but only the changes in the cost are used by CloudCenter Suite. See Storage Types Settings for more details.
- Image Mappings: Image mappings allow services based on CloudCenter Suite logical images to be deployed using the appropriate physical image stored on the target cloud region. CloudCenter Suite automatically maps the CloudCenter Suite OOB logical images to public cloud region physical images when you add the region to your cloud. Cisco periodically updates these mappings when new versions of OS physical image are uploaded by the cloud provider. To apply these updates to your region after it is added to your cloud, click the Sync Image Mappings link in the upper right of this section. If you create any custom logical images, you must manually import the corresponding physical images into your region and then map the corresponding logical images to these physical images. See Map Images for details.